Thursday, August 03, 2006

RETRACTION: Hero of the week

Not the most auspicious of starts this, but I blundered. Made a big mistake. Need to retract now.

Having watched one whole episode of 'non-celeb' Love Island at the weekend, I was quite impressed with the way scrawny Lee 'Bombhead from Hollyoaks' Ottway stood up for the current love of his life, some blonde lass also on the island.

I concluded that he was either stupid or honourable for standing up to the incredibly big - and rude - basketball player Dennis Rodman. I then went on to say I would plump for the latter.

Having watched the programme twice more since, I have concluded I was wrong. He was just being stupid. In fact he is stupid. A stupid fool to be precise. A stupid fool whose family must of winced last night when he revealed he'd not been able to 'pleasure' himself (I'll not use the four letter word he used) since arriving on the island.

Thattuesdayfeeling's 'hero of the week' award might be new, but it can't be sullied by such actions, so he's being stripped of it.

In his place goes the Queen Mum..





Why? Well, according to the biography extract of one of her former staff (well, she won't have any current ones will she?) she used to do great impressions of Tony Blair.

The thought of a 95-year-old woman, loved my the nation, amuses and impresses me almost as much as I'm sure it would mortify the establishment-chasing, celebrity-hunting, all-round wannabe socialite Mr Blair.

That's not bad going in one week is it. Giving out an award, then retracting it and awarding it posthumously.

No comments: